Leopard Class - Foundation 2
A warm welcome to our class page!
Class Teacher: Mrs Wilkinson
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Wilson - Fuller
A huge warm welcome to all our Leopards and their families! Our page is full of important information and details of our learning adventures.
Towards the bottom of the page, you will find class newsletters, subject knowledge organisers and home learning information: all of these areas will be updated on a regular basis to reflect the current learning in Leopard Class.
If you have any questions or queries regarding your child's learning, please see a member of the Foundation team.
Leopard Class Code for Learning
In September, the children in Leopard Class chose the following for their class code:
- We sit with our legs crossed and our hands still
- We listen carefully and look at the speaker
- We have kind hands and feet
- We use kind words and take it in turns to talk
- We look after ourselves, each other and our toys
- We have lots of fun!!
Our PE day is Tuesday. Please make sure that on this day, children have correct PE kit (white t-shirt, black shorts and trainers). Please ensure your child's clothing is labelled.
At the end of a unit of work, parents will be invited into school to celebrate what the children have learnt. The children will have the opportunity to talk you through what they have learnt as well as celebrate their achievements. Look out for dates on our class newsletters.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Reading - We ask that home learning will focus on reading and spellings. Please read with your child and practice letter sounds and words at least 3 times a week and record in the diary provided.
Home Learning Tasks - Our Home-School Link book will aim to keep a strong connection between school and home learning. Parental involvement is essential and regarded as a positive way to support your child’s learning away from school and we really appreciate you taking the time to help and support.
Every Friday, you will find something new in your home-school link book for you to do and share at home. Please return it the following Thursday.
In addition - Please feel free to comment in your Home-School link book about anything new that your child has achieved / experienced, for example:
- A visit to a new place (the farm, the post office, the swimming pool).
- Achieving a new skill (learning to swim, writing their name, fastening shoes/buttons, learning to ride their bike).
- Trying something new (tasting new foods, making new friends, sleeping at a friends or relatives house).
- Special events (birthdays, weddings, birth of a sibling, going on holiday).
- Development of a new interest (has your child become interested in: a book character, numbers, building painting, books, writing/drawing?)
Thank you for your contributions, this information will help us to build an increasing picture of your child’s development as they progress through the Early Years Foundation Stage.