Lion Class - Early Years Foundation One
A warm welcome to our class page!
Teachers: Miss Lahiffe and Miss Fagan
Teaching Assistants: Mr Smith
Reading - We ask that home learning will focus on phonics, reading and spellings. Please read with your child and practice letter sounds and words at least 3 times a week. We can not send reading books home at the moment so look out for reading activities on Dojo stories.
In addition - Please feel free to comment and send photos, videos, messages through your Dojo portfolio about anything new that your child has achieved / experienced, for example:
- A visit to a new place (the farm, the post office, the swimming pool).
- Achieving a new skill (learning to swim, writing their name, fastening shoes/buttons, learning to ride their bike).
- Trying something new (tasting new foods, making new friends, sleeping at a friends or relatives house).
- Special events (birthdays, weddings, birth of a sibling, going on holiday).
- Development of a new interest (has your child become interested in: a book character, numbers, building painting, books, writing/drawing?)
Thank you for your contributions, this information will help us to build an increasing picture of your child’s development as they progress through the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Our PE day is WEDNESDAY.
Children will need A white T-shirt and a pair of black/navy shorts.
Please make sure children's clothes are well labelled with their name.
Children should come to school in their PE kits on the day of their PE lesson.
Please also take earrings out prior as staff cannot help with this.