Safeguarding at ABP
SAFEGUARDING IS ABOUT ENSURING THAT EVERYONE IS:
- Safe from harm
- Safe from bullying
- Safe from people who could abuse us
- Safe from discrimination or harassment
- Safe in our environment
DESIGNATED SAFEGUARDING LEADS IN SCHOOL ARE:
- Miss Armstrong - Head Teacher
- Mrs Wilkinson - Assistant Head Teacher
- Mrs Smith - SENDCo & Year 5 Class Teacher
All staff, including temporary staff and volunteers in school are subject to stringent background checks including clearance with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) to ensure their suitability for working with children.
Whilst the prime focus of Anston Brook Primary School is to secure the best educational provision for our children's safety, welfare and care is paramount. We are therefore committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted into our care at all times.
WE ENSURE ALL ARRANGEMENTS ARE IN PLACE FOR:
- All reasonable measures taken to minimise the risks of harm to children’s welfare
- All appropriate actions taken to address concerns about the welfare of a child, or children, working to agreed local policies and procedures in full partnership with other local agencies
- All persons working at our school to be made aware of this policy
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff of the school will often, by virtue of their day to day contact and knowledge of the children, be well placed to identify such abuse and offer support to children in need.
IN ORDER TO PROTECT OUR CHILDREN, WE AIM TO:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
- Use our curriculum to raise children's and parent’s awareness, build confidence and skills
- Work closely with parents/carers and external agencies
- Ensure that all adults within our school who have access to children have been checked as to their suitability
ANSTON BROOK PRIMARY WILL SUPPORT ALL OF OUR CHILDREN BY:
- Encouraging self - esteem and appropriate self-assertiveness whilst not condoning aggressive or bullying
- Promoting a caring and positive environment within our school
- Notifying Social Care via the approved mechanisms as soon as there is a significant concern
- Providing continuing support to a child whom there may be concerns who leave the school by ensuring that appropriate information is forwarded under the confidential cover to the child's new school setting.
ANSTON BROOK PRIMARY ANNUAL TRAINING IN SAFEGUARDING:
Staff take part in annual safeguarding training and child protection. At each staff meeting, Safeguarding is always agenda item number one. This keeps staff up to date and current with their training, it also enables us to discuss any aspects of safeguarding as a school regularly.
- All staff have completed the College of Policing CHANNEL General Awareness Module online.
- All staff have completed HM Government Prevent e-learning course.
- The DSL and DDSL's have all undertaken further safeguarding training and attend termly DSL meetings.
- The school submit a Safeguarding Audit to Rotherham Safeguarding Children's Board (SSCB) Annually. This document is filled in by the DSL, Deputy DSL and the Safeguarding/Child protection Governor.
If you would like to access some further training for yourself and/or your child, please click on the link below. The link will take you to the ThinkUKnow website.
“Thinkuknow is the education programmer from the National Crime Agency's CEOP (Child Exploitation Online Protection) command. Thinkuknow aims to empower children and young people aged 5-17 to identify the risks they may face online and know where they can go for support.”
Follow the link by pressing here. ThinkuKnow