Anston Brook Primary School is committed to providing the best possible care and education for all of its pupils. At Anston Brook we are is also committed to providing a supportive and flexible working environment for all its members of staff. The school recognises that, in order to achieve these aims, it is of fundamental importance to attract, recruit and retain staff of the highest calibre who share this commitment.
The aims of the School:
- to ensure that the best possible staff are recruited on the basis of their merits, abilities and suitability for the position
- to ensure that all job applicants are considered equitably and consistently
- to ensure that no job applicant is treated unfairly on any grounds including race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or religious belief, sex or sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age
- to ensure compliance with all relevant recommendations and guidance including the recommendations of the Department for Education (DFE) in "Safeguarding Children: Safer Recruitment and Selection in Education Settings" , “Working Together to Safeguard Children” 2018 and the code of practice published by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- to ensure that the School meets its commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people by carrying out all necessary pre-employment checks
To gain further Information about our Safer Recruitment policy please refer to our policy document page.